See below for a short list of previous outages listed in this recent post:
Previous outages and widespread degradation of satellite navigation signals have included:
- A 2004 an error in GPS transmissions that resulted in what the US Air Force termed “hazardously misleading information” with errors of 16 km reported experience by some users.
- A solar flare in 2006 which NOAA said “significantly impacted GPS”
- Two abrupt outages of Russia’s GLONASS satnav system in April of 2014, one of which lasted 11 hours.
- A solar flare in September 2014 which interrupted satellite navigation in parts of Europe for about 15 minutes
- In January 2016 a wide variety of GPS users were impacted for ten to twelve hours when half of the GPS satellites transmitted a time signal 13.7 microseconds in error.